IPPOSI is pleased to announce that registration for our 2018 Annual Conference & AGM, is now open. The conference title is: “Patient-Centred Outcomes in Research and Healthcare”.
- Date: Monday, October 8th, 2018
- Time: 8:30AM – 13:15PM
- Venue: Wood Quay Venue, Dublin City Council Buildings, Wood Quay, Dublin 8
Ireland needs to embrace a more value based healthcare approach towards meeting our healthcare challenges. Patient‐reported outcome measures (PROMs) and Patient Experience Data are increasingly used to establish the value of both health care and research. However, in order to reflect value, PROMs and Patient Experience Surveys should measure outcomes that matter to patients.
This IPPOSI conference offers a unique forum for discussions on how Patient-Centered Outcomes can become more frequently measured and used in Irish research and healthcare environments and how this might impact policy, service delivery, funding as well as access to innovation.
This document (pictured right) explains the some of the concepts and definitions that the Conference will address.
Overview of the day
- Conference begins at 9.30am (registration from 9am)
- Launch of the ‘Patient Charter’
- Speakers include: Helen Rochford Brennan (Alzheimer Europe), Rishi Hazarika (ICHOM), Dr David Galvin (IPCOR), Dr Aine Carroll (HSE/UCD)
- Lightning presentations from IPPOSI members who are incorporating patient-centered outcome measures in their work.
- Panel debate featuring key health opinion leaders
The full agenda is available on the registration page.
IPPOSI AGM 2018
The conference will be preceded by the IPPOSI Annual General Meeting for 2018. The AGM is pencilled to take place at 8.30am approx. Keep an eye on the IPPOSI website and Twitter account for updates.