IPPOSI membership is open to all groups with an interest in healthcare and research and development; Patient Representatives, Academic, Science or the Healthcare Industry.
In general, there are three reasons for joining IPPOSI:
- We generate information targeted for patients & their representative organisations but also relevant for anyone interested in health research and policy in Ireland. Examples include (a) clinicaltrials.ie – an online resource about the basics of clinical trials and how to access them (b) briefings on emerging healthcare issues such as biosimilars and eHealth (c) training seminars and much more.
- If you are seeking additional information on any relevant area for IPPOSI, please contact us. If you are looking for condition-specific information our members may be able to assist you.
- Through our targeted events, we actively encourage interaction, discussion & debate between our member groups and with policy-makers, state agencies and regulators.
- We gather our members’ views through surveys and consultations and value any opinions our members have on any aspect of our work.
- Members can be represented through our Board of Directors. Directors come exclusively from our membership and are elected every year at our AGM. This allows all of our members to have a say in the direction of IPPOSI.
- We have extensive contacts across the medicines research & development field which enables us to reach people in the right places to make our unique patient-led voice heard.
- We are playing a leading role in the EUPATI initiative on patient education where we have established close links to the European Patient’s Forum (EPF).
- We work closely with EURORDIS particularly through Rare Disease Day in February, to advocate for better access and information for people with rare diseases in the European Union.
For more specific reasons, click on the patient, science and industry buttons below.
- Expert-informed information on health issues and policy developments
- Access to facilitated discussions / debates on emerging healthcare issues with key decision-makers, patient leaders, scientists and industry representatives
- Opportunities to influence health policy via facilitated consultations and submissions to Irish and EU consultations on a wide range of health topics.
- Access to an organization through which partnerships can be formed via patient engagement and involvement, that substantially improve the lives of patients.
- Opportunities to participate in a number of IPPOSI working groups/think tanks on priority areas of health policy and research
- Networking opportunities with other patients, patient organisations, scientists, academics and industry representatives
- Opportunities to participate in training sessions on for example; Clinical Research, eHealth, Health Technology Assessment, Media Skills, Pharmaceutical Industry codes of practice
- IPPOSI newsletter (monthly) & updates
- One-to-one briefings from IPPOSI spokespersons
- Access to an informed, engaged and educated group of patients
- Membership is free for patients, patient representatives and academics/scientists.
- Industry members are subject to an annual fee.
If you would like to join IPPOSI, email email@example.com or call +353 1 479 0552 for more information.