IPPOSI organised a patient-led workshop on electronic health records at the HISI Annual Conference for 2016 on November 16th. The workshop title was ‘In Electronic Health Records we Trust?’ and participants broke into six facilitated groups to discuss:
- Data sharing, and use
- Patient-clinician relationships
IPPOSI would like to thank all participants and most especially the volunteer chairs and rapporteurs who facilitated the working groups.
You can read the Outcome Report here – it captures the key points and issues the patients and participants identified with respect to the two topics.
The working groups were preceded by presentations from IPPOSI’s Derick Mitchell, and then Ingrid Brindle and Dr Amir Hannan, followed by Ros Moran of the HRB and Tony Shannon of Frectal (whose video you can see below).
- Derick Mitchell, IPPOSI
- Ingrid Brindle & Dr Amir Hannan, patient & NHS
- Ros Moran, Health Research Board
- Dame Fiona Caldicott, National Data Guardian for Health & Care, UK
- An album of photos from the event is available here
- Tony Shannon, Frectal