IPPOSI seeks to build consensus among member groups on existing and emerging health issues and policies. This over-arching objective is addressed in the following ways:
- We hold 2-3 large conferences annually which are complemented by smaller events with leading experts on current and pressing issues of concern to our members.
- We produce reports and briefing papers on areas such as clinical research infrastructure in Ireland, Patient Registries, Access to Medicines, New Medical Technologies and Rare Diseases.
- We organise an annual round-table event with the Secretary General of the Department of Health.
- Increasingly IPPOSI is called upon to provide advice, and to facilitate interaction and information sharing between Semi State, State, NGO and Industry Bodies at national and international level.
- IPPOSI submits to national and international public consultations
- IPPOSI provides training sessions for members on Clinical Research, HTAs and IPHA Code of Practice.
- IPPOSI produce monthly Newsletters, E-Alerts and tailored information material to share with IPPOSI members on relevant national and international issues.