- You want faster and more equitable access to new or existing treatments, devices, processes that will improve your health
- You want to improve your understanding of the Irish health policy, regulatory and research environments
- You want to connect with other organisations affected by the same unmet medical needs as your own
- You believe in the need for patient voices at all levels of decision-making when it comes to health policy
- You want to be involved as a partner in health research & policy decision-making
- You want unbiased, patient-friendly information on clinical trials, health technology assessment, eHealth and more
- You want to boost your organisation’s voice and capacity through engaging in our patient-led platform.
- You want to be involved in shaping the future of healthcare in Ireland
Benefits of membership
- Expert-informed information on health issues and policy developments
- Access to facilitated discussions / debates on emerging healthcare issues with key decision-makers, patient leaders, scientists and industry representatives
- Opportunities to influence health policy via facilitated consultations and submissions to Irish and EU consultations on a wide range of health topics.
- Access to an organization through which partnerships can be formed via patient engagement and involvement, that substantially improve the lives of patients.
- Opportunities to participate in a number of IPPOSI working groups/think tanks on priority areas of health policy and research
- Networking opportunities with other patients, patient organisations, scientists, academics and industry representatives
- Opportunities to participate in training sessions on for example; Clinical Research, eHealth, Health Technology Assessment, Media Skills, Pharmaceutical Industry codes of practice
- IPPOSI newsletter (monthly) & updates
- One-to-one briefings from IPPOSI spokespersons
- Access to an informed, engaged and educated group of patients
Go here to explore the wider reasons for joining the IPPOSI membership.